Sunday, April 15, 2007

Tar-Jhay!




I have to admit, I once had a thing for Isaac Mizrahi. In fact, he was one of the first designer names I ever lusted after in my teens. These days, Mizrahi is more well known for his cheap and cheerful Target line, a skirt from which I almost bought a few weeks ago. But there's something about buying Mizrahi For Less that just doesn't feel right. I'm a total supporter of designers making their creativity available for mass consumption ( Viktor and Rolf's looks for H&M, or Proenza Schouler for Target) but when it comes to Mizrahi, I have too many fond memories of wishing for the real thing, so that now, buying Isaac feels like toting a cheap Balenciaga knock off from Canal Street: not nearly as good as the real thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry I only know designers by name and not by face....well I recognized Isaac Mizrahi but who is the other gentleman standing next to you?